28 December 2011

Edelweiss Lodge and Resort




You know a picture is worth a thousand words...well that sure makes this an easy blog post.  See ya next time.  Just kidding.  If I start slacking Jess is going to revoke my blogging privileges and then I'll have to return to my old form of stress relief -- bullfighting on acid.  That's not a healthy lifestyle for any family man; so without further ado I present to the world, the Kelly family vacation (or ba-cation if you are a Mendez or Liam) to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort in Garmisch, Germany.

Just minutes before we left Bamberg, the snow started falling...
...and it didn't stop the entire time we were there

Tombstone is one of Liam's favorite movies so it's been hard keeping him away from the poker tables lately.  After he took most of my money on our first night at Edelweiss, he challenged me to a spelling contest, won the rest of my money and talked trash repeatedly to me saying, "You're no daisy at all."  Unbelievable.   If you don't understand the preceding context then follow these steps:  
step #1. Be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the best Western movie ever made;
step #2 If you're thinking that it's the movie Wyatt Earp with Kevin Costner, go ahead and slap yourself twice; and
step #3Rent (or buy, if you're not a communist) Tombstone and watch repeatedly and enjoy.




Mommy and Liam take time for a pic during their sledding escapade

I know all the Grandparents are wondering how Liam is adapting.  Can't you tell that he just hates it here...?



He decided to be a gentleman and use some of his poker winnings to buy his mommy and daddy dinner on the last night.  



2 comments:

  1. Grandpa Marty says "Thank you for the wonderful blog! Its great to see everybody - felt like we were there! Love you guys! Dad/ Grandpa Marty" I agree :-) Grandma Bobbey - no doubts about how happy you guys are - the smiles are big, genuine - awesome! Love you - us 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think perhaps I missed this one when it was first published - so thanks for the "refresher"! :)

    ReplyDelete