18 September 2012

Operation TJBIZSM

For an expansion of the aforementioned acronym, please see the previous post. I was trained as a lawyer and Zeke has given me the Army life on a silver platter, so there is no escaping acronyms in our existence... no matter how absurd they may be at times.

Long story short:  Round 3, here I come! Made it through the last round and had a blast. My dear friend Aimee flew in from Wales for the weekend and was able to be in the audience, playing with Liam and cheering me on. I told her she's going to have to return for the next round because she was definitely a good luck charm!

For this round, the audience was able to participate in voting and our faithful spectators put in more than 360 votes. Everyone seemed to have a really good time -- and I can't wait to raise the bar for myself even higher next week.

We were required to have accompaniment for this round (and all to follow), and I opted to play guitar instead of sing along to a pre-recorded track. I performed "Hallelujah," written and performed originally by Leonard Cohen but made more famous by the likes of Jeff Buckley... and the movie Shrek.

I think I got a nice boost in votes for doing a song from Shrek. Food for thought.

For a video of my performance (and the fun, constructive comments from the judges), here you go. Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Whistle whistle cheer cheer loon call! Loon call again! Oh, that was awesome sweetie! You did a very very wonderful job ASD. Judges called it pretty accurately and saw the talent and virtue in your performance! Soooo glad you used the guitar! ASD. What mor can I say except I sure wish I was there in person, but you KNOW I was there in spirit! Thank ou! Thank you! Chirping loon call! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was beautiful, you gave me goosebumps! you are amazing and so deserve to win this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Jess... what can I say about one of my favorite people in the world singing beautifully one of my favorite songs in the world?? FANTASTIC!!! Really like hearing Liam and as one of the judges said, feeling your personality shining though :) And, like Mom said, I wish I could be there in person and am of course there in spirit always. love you xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI ^ "unknown" is Jackie :) <3 xo

    ReplyDelete