30 September 2012

Operation TJBIZSM: The Saga Continues!

Bottom line:  *this little lady right here* is in the Bamberg finals. Our post will have its final round at our Oktoberfest celebration in 2 weeks, and I plan on tearing the roof off that place with my fabulousness... which shouldn't be too difficult, being that our venue will be outdoors.

For this most recent round, I ended up drawing #6 from the hat -- the final performer. I followed on the heels of 4 traditional ballads and a slow Alicia Keys number. And how did I follow? With my interpretation of an Alanis Morissette piece. Booyah, my friends. Booyah.

It's not my best performance by any stretch of the imagination, and I can blame only so much on the "German Funk" that is inhabiting my sinuses and throat this week, but still. I had fun, I noticed people grinning and singing along in the audience, and that's what it all comes down to. Well, that and that whole bottom line part -- I'm going to the finals.  And for my next 5 minutes of fame, I'll be giving the judges the ballad they've been wanting out of me.

Oh, and listen closely to the chatter at the beginning... shortly after I get the guitar plugged in, you can hear Liam say, "Mommy's going to sing 'Ironic.'" Such a cool kid. (I believe he also said, "I gotta go potty" shortly after he said, "All done" and folks stopped clapping. What a guy.)



3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! my dear friend!!! and another of my very favorites. xoxoxoxx LOVE hearing Liam's voice and everything about seeing and hearing you!! and as always, I love the way you write :) Thanks for sharing you with the world xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daddy and I say "excellent!" What fun! We are so pleased that you are now approaching round 4 -yippee! Selfishly we are anticipating seeing you in Texas! Double yippee!! How awesome this has all been :-). Hugs and kisses to you and Liam! Also to Zeke who is reading this ! Kelly's Rock! Love you all - mom & dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great performance! The best yet! I say 'Send her to Texas! And of course it is great to see Liam there to support you! We wish we could have seen it in person...hope that one day you get to perform for us in person!

    The Kelly Parents

    ReplyDelete