10 June 2012

CRUISE!!! - Day 1 (Barcelona)

Finally.  I know everyone has been waiting for some news and pictures from our trip so here is the first chapter.  We recently got a new fancy camera so I went a little crazy taking pictures.  Bottom line is that we have about 700 pictures to go through and that would make for an incredibly long blog post.  So what we are going to do is pick out the good ones for you and spare you the boredom of looking through a slideshow for six hours.  The ensuing posts will cover each of the glorious days of our Mediterranean vacation.  Oh yeah, just a side-note -- so I was laughing at Jess on the first day because she thought we were in the Tyrrhenian Sea.  I figured that she was looking at some map in a different language and mistook it for the Mediterranean Sea.  Oh no.  The joke's on me because there actually is a Tyrrhenian Sea and I had never heard of it.  That must have been covered while I was in fourth/fifth grade, attending the NC public school system (hey 48 out of 50 aint bad y'all).  

Anyway, it was a fantastic vacation that was smooth from start to finish.  Below is the first night after flying into Barcelona, Spain and covers the first day boarding the Norwegian Epic cruise ship.  I hope the pics do justice to the whole thing because we would strongly recommend this cruise line to anyone.  

A view from our hotel balcony in Barcelona the night before we boarded the ship.  

Liam's first meeting with Dora just prior to embarking


Another shot of Barcelona from our cabin balcony on the Norwegian Epic.

Liam rockin' out in the kiddie swim area

A view of Barcelona from the rear of the ship.  We also got to watch Cars 2 on that massive screen. 

Daddy and Liam


I decided not to post the pics of Liam's enormous first poop in a "big-boy potty" but we should mention it since it is a very important milestone.  This is Liam after he completed his major task, soaking up the Barcelona coastline before the ship set sail.  
Stay tuned for the next episode of the Kelly family cruise: Day 2 - A Day at Sea....

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME! I am sooo jealous! The weather looks beautiful, the ship - great, the company - well - the company would be the best ever! I am so glad you three got to take advantage of this cruise - yeah! I guess Dad and I could do a cruise "over thar" haha Love you lots - M&D, G&G Willson

    ReplyDelete