08 October 2011

Say WHAT?!?!?!

We're leaving for Germany this week... we're flying overseas 11 OCT.

I know.

I KNOW.

Stop crying.  I know it's hard to imagine life without us, but I mean it.  Seriously.  We'll be back before you know it.  Time flies when you're having fun, and goodness knows we're not going to have time to do anything but when we're over there.

Keep checking the blog for updates.  It might take us awhile to settle in and have regular internet access, but once we do, we'll be your eyes and ears to Europe.

Until then, let me blab a little about life.





So Liam is a rock star, tried and true.  He can count to 6, has easily 80 words in his vocabulary, and is such a charmer.  He has this thing for adults which I think is hilarious, given he's a toddler.  Every time an adult comes near us, he puts on his grin, pulls out all the stops, and does what he can to reap attention and adoration.  SO FUNNY.















Having Daddy home has been (obviously) a true joy.  Liam is being typical and favoring Mommy, but if Daddy leaves the room all Hell breaks loose and the world isn't right until Daddy is back again.  Plus Liam is learning all those special "man" things you can pick up only from watching a man exist in daily life.  Suddenly Liam knows how to put his hand at his hip, scruff up his hair, saunter down the hallway, what have you.

Man things.

Hopefully Liam will realize how to pee in a toilet now that Daddy's around, because we're all about done with Diaper Patrol.


Life is good.  I'm hoping I don't have to change this entry due to copyright privileges for that company who makes the awesome t-shirts (which I know at least Jackie owns) and beach towels (which I know Uncle Tom and Aunt Sheila got us) because we should all be able to embrace that idea without reservation.  I hope the company understands and doesn't threaten a C&D order **BUY THEIR MERCHANDISE; IT'S ALL SO CUTE**

We've been sitting patiently waiting on this Germany bid since December, and it's so comforting to be here, finally, experiencing what we've been imagining.  Our bags are stuffed to the brim with belongings set to last us at least a month or two in Germany.  Our flights are set to send us to Frankfurt in a matter of days.  Our housing overseas is arranged to hold us over until we find our new "home."  And our sweet Miles is settled in and loving his new Mommy and family with Malena and her parents (yes, that's right, we had to give our beloved pup to someone who could love him even better than we, and Malena is wonderful and we adore her!!).


So here we go.  We'll keep you in the know, and we'll take all the love and prayers we can get.  In return, I promise to overwhelm this blog with the most realistic, intimate, and heartfelt portrayal of Germany and Europe that one can provide.  I'm going there with arms wide open -- and I'm taking it all in knowing I might be someone's only view to that side of the world.  Vielen dank, for all the good times in America thus far.  And for those of you who join us for tourism and fun on the other side of the pond -- here's your "Gern geschehen!" in advance.



Love and hugs and nothing but the best to you all.  The time has come for us, in all seriousness, to "sprechen sie" blog.  I hope we don't let you down!

4 comments:

  1. oh crap! you made me cry... again :( I'm about to jump in the car and drive to Charlotte just to give you guys hugs before you leave the country. I miss you already, but do find comfort by realize how quickly the last 2 years have flown by. I love you dearly, but you know that already. I appreciate your blog, your spirit and the affect you've had on my life since the moment I met you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will cry with you Jackie! I am sending one more hug, one more kiss your way. I miss you already - I love you more than my luggage - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, Perhaps this will help. I hope so... and I thank you for raising such a wonderful woman...

    http://lunawings.blogspot.com/2011/10/ode-to-jessica-willson-kelly.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys!!! Great to see all the updates on here. I sent you an email earlier. Very sad that you aren't just a text away now. Even though Zeke has a hard time replying to those sometimes. Super excited to get updates on your adventures and pictures of Liam. I got very used to those Daily Jobins in Iraq that you sent Zeke.... I was always wanting to see the next cute picture of the little one. Be safe and hope everything settles in nicely AND that Zeke's new unit is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete