02 May 2011

Zeke's Home Away From Home

A few incredibly long days ago, Zeke left Sanford for Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri, where he will be for the next 17 weeks.  Although it's exciting because he will be learning the tricks of his new trade as an Engineer, the separation is never fun.  He wanted to share some pics of his humble abode:







What's pretty fabulous is that he has maid service every day and shouldn't have anything to worry about besides his job -- just like home, right?  :)  His cell phone is still active and he has relatively good access to email, so you can still stay in touch with him in the usual ways.

Meanwhile, Liam, Miles, and I will be here in good old Sanford, doing whatever we need to do to prepare for our big move overseas.  We'll have no more than two weeks after Zeke gets back before we hop on the plane, so the next few months will be busy for both of us!

The night before Zeke left, he looked out into the garage and back into the house and said, "Wow, this is the last time I will see this house as our home."  By the time he completes his training, our belongings will be on cargo ships and airplanes; our furniture shipped, sold, or stored; our walls bare and impersonal.  But trust me, it won't take long at all for us to make our home in Bamberg.  After all, like I've said since I was 5, when life hands you lemons, make lemon meringue pie.  (That one's for you, Mom!)

Also from Zeke's last few nights here -- we had sushi for dinner and gave Liam the chance to test the waters:

STEP 1:  "Liam, I'd like you to meet Seaweed Salad.  Seaweed salad, Liam."
STEP 2:  Study the ways of The Professional 


STEP 3:  "Keep your eye on the fruit...  Keep your eye on the fruit..." 
STEP 4: Mission accomplished!  (Cheerios count as sushi, you know)





2 comments:

  1. Baby, you are awesome. The blog looks great and I already feel closer to home. Gotta go do some homework ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. stop making me tear up you guys!! geez! 17 weeks is a long time to be apart AGAIN! but I'll do my best to make it better whenever possible. Call me - or I'll call you - soon xo mucho loveo xo

    ReplyDelete