07 April 2011

You Say Goodbye; I Say Hello


Some exciting news to christen this blog of ours: We are moving to Europe. Destination Bamberg, Germany. We are stoked. Big adjustment? Certainly. Crazy unknown future? Of course. But seriously, how could this news be anything other than wonderful? I know, I know, you’re thinking, “But how can I survive without you? How will I go on another day knowing you guys won’t be in the blessed haven of Sanford, North Carolina, the refuge where all rational humans would love to reside?” Well, maybe that’s a bit extreme. But as your eyes blur with tears while you fight to read the rest of the entry, take comfort in the fact that now you have your chance to see the world! Whether you visit via the virtual yet intimate view of Europe that we’ll provide on here or by hopping on a plane and coming to see us in person, consider the Kellys your gateway to the world.

We are expecting to set this circus down in Europe NLT October or November of this year, depending on Zeke’s training schedule here on American soil. In the coming weeks and months, life will be full of confusion and chaos as we put our home on the market, consolidate and pack our lives into military-approved boxes, and start practicing our Deutsch-speak. By the way, if you’re looking for a fabulous home right in the heart of NC, let us know. Plus we’ll be posting a list on here of things we plan to sell once we realize just how little we’ll be able to fit in a 1000-sq.-ft. German apartment.

And here’s your first German lesson: You say Auf Wiedersehen; we say Guten Tag! What a fabulous adventure we have in store…

9 comments:

  1. Val and I will be on the first plane out there to see yall!!! I have been to Europe but Val has not. I am stoked that we will have good friends out there for us to come see. It seems like just yesterday that you, Val, Zeke and I were paying that opposite sex game in yalls apartment in Chapel Hill. I hate that we couldnt stay as close after Val and I moved to Wilmington. We will miss you both. BTW, have that jager ready for when we come ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jen and I are stoked for you both! Although we are a little sad as well. It was hard enough moving out of trace and 15 mins away from the 3 of you, and now you will be on a whole other continent. Well since we are getting passports for the honeymoon, we should not let them go to waste. Hopefully by the time we get there, you two will have all the best bars mapped out :-) Anything we can do to help you, just let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica, congrats, this is awesome news! Boy has life changed just a little bit since we met huh? :) I'm also excited to see this blog. Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am willing to sell you the exclusive distribution rights to my CD in Germany.

    I expect to be No. 1 in Hamburg by Christmas!

    All the best Jessica

    www.krasmusic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Jess, Zeke and Liam. Wishing you all the best with a smooth transition from State-side to across the pond to the land of incredible beer!
    So glad you're blogging. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jessica: How exciting for you, Zeke, Liam and Miles! Of course we will miss you terribly; thank goodness for instant messaging and conversations over the internet! I guess we know where we will be going for vacation in 2012 :-) This blog is a great idea for sharing with all of us. As always you have our love and support - Mom & Dad Willson - Auf Wiedersehen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO WAY! I am so excited for you guys! :-) When can we come visit? haha I hope we see you before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Connor to Liam: "Yo, you'll be legal over there. You can get that real milk."

    Liam to Connor: "Milk."

    Connor, Doug and I are excited for you guys. We'll miss you and will stay in touch! Maybe the babies can play rugby someday down the line ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you are doing this Jess, the blog, not the move :( see that!! I've already reverted back to a naked this and a that :( Whatever will I do???

    ReplyDelete