05 March 2012

Liam ist zwei Jahre alt!

It really feels like his birthday is still going on, because that's how we like to celebrate, but Liam officially hit the big 0-2 Friday 24 Feb and did so in style.  We kept the celebration low-key and had a family dinner Friday night, complete with homemade carrot cake (same as last year -- well, not THE same cake... that would be disgusting), and we rounded out the evening by watching one of Liam's new Kung Fu Panda movies and playing with his new Kung Fu Panda wrestler.

On Saturday we had some friends over for dinner, more birthday cake, and then a Beer Pong Tournament in honor of the young man.  Unfortunately, Liam was too tired to play, but we sure made him proud!

Well, not I, as I supremely sucked.

Birthday morning at playgroup, with some fabulous
Army mommies and kiddos!

"I've never seen an empty balloon. How interesting."


"Okay, I can do this.  No pressure..."


"Woo!  I can make a balloon!"


Morning after the bday -- rocking it out on a fab little hand-me-down
from Uncle Mike and Aunt Ryanne


Two years and one day makes for a tired little man!

We weren't able to capture his eating of the cake on video this year (remember this bit of awesomeness?), mainly because we were having too much fun eating it with him.  But here's a video of some of the festivities.  He's so grown up now!





3 comments:

  1. Like the Panda said, "that was awesome!" My face hurts I was smiling and laughing so much! Every time he repeated something ie: almost, birthday, etc I was saying it with him :-) He was so smart - stretching the balloon, etc. He was so curious and having fun teasing you while "touching" the fire :-) I was yelling "don't touch!" I guess he was teasing grandma too! cute, cute, cute! last but not least - the fun he showed with the balloon reminded me of a little girl of mine who liked all her Christmas presents but played most with her new toothbrush - and a cardboard box :-) Smart, talented kids are NEVER bored. Thanks again! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Thanks for inviting us all to Liam's Birthday party!! So cute, and smart. Great combo. Love the video and everything about you guys xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete